The RCP Executive Team has spent much time formulating internal procedures that respond and conform to the recent executive orders from Governor Murphy lifting some of New Jersey’s lockdown restrictions. Below is our final set of procedures going forward. Please copy whichever part of this email applies to you and send to your Boards.
- All site management personnel will continue to work full time.
- If there are multiple staff in a site office, RCP continues to suggest a staggered on-site schedule for optimum safety.
- If there is one person staffing the site office, the manager can start to report to work five days a week.
- In either case, the office should continue to be locked to everyone with communication by phone or email.
- Cleaning schedules for the site offices should be increased to once a day.
- RCP recommends possibly reopening outdoor recreation facilities but not clubhouse facilities at this time.
- For clubhouse facilities to open, extra steps need to be in place. These include cleaning all areas, including rest rooms, several times per day, hand sanitizer stations, monitors to make sure residents are socially distant, etc. The Manager will not perform these monitoring duties. A separate person is needed to perform these functions.
- Property inspections can resume in full force. Do not engage with any resident or vendor and keep a mask with you at all times. If someone approaches the Manager, ask for an email instead.
- Portfolio Managers will continue to work full time.
- Full site inspections can resume in full force. Do not engage with any resident or vendor and keep a mask with you at all times. If someone approaches the Manager, ask for an email communication instead of an in-person conversation.
- Portfolio Managers should continue to assign administrative work to the Property Administrator on a daily basis.
- RCP would prefer to keep all meetings virtual at least through 12/31/2020. It is important for Boards to realize that this is for the safety of everyone. Managers come in contact with many clients, vendors and Boards and we want all contacts to be as safe as possible. If a Board or committee chooses to have an in-person meeting, the Manager should still attend virtually. We will assess this each month as conditions change.
- Please make sure your Association has adopted a resolution stating that all meetings can be virtually for Board, Annual and Elections meetings. This is a good resolution to have in place for future use.
- RCP will continue to have a minimal number of people in the corporate office on a full time basis although everyone is working full time remotely.
- RCP encourages employees to come to the office by appointment only to check snail mail and take care of any corporate business. Please make an appointment with HR.
- To assist employees with child care this summer, we are not changing this approach until approximately September 1st.
- RCP will issue a full plan for returning to the office before September 1st.
I want to personally thank everyone for their hard work and dedication through this difficult time. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.